Coming Together for Action Conference
Global Alliance’s biennial interdisciplinary forum on behavioral health, social justice, & healthier communities.
Coming Together for Action (CT4A) is a biennial event that explores cutting-edge research, practice, and policy in behavioral health and concrete actions that we can take to strengthen behavioral health and social justice for all.
CT4A brings together individuals with backgrounds in psychology, psychiatry, social work, nursing, law, planning, education, international community development, political science, technology, economics, and more. Our attendees include early and mid-career professionals, teens, college students, retirees, and a people of all kinds with valuable lived experience at the intersections of health, justice, and communities.
The most recent conference was held in Baltimore, MD, October 27-30, 2022. The year’s theme was New Directions for Behavioral Health: Building Socially Connected and Just Communities.
The next conference will be held in 2024.
In honor of the Global Alliance’s 100th anniversary, we held contest for high school students in the Baltimore area. Contest submissions…
Insightful podcast episodes recorded during the conference and links to Twitter threads for the conference’s key talks and panel discussions.
Thank you to all who joined us at Coming Together for Action 2022! We had an incredible time hearing our exceptional…
Why attend Coming Together for Action?
Improving Mental Health and Well-being for Others
Are you engaged in innovative research or practice to improve mental health and well-being for individuals, families, and communities?
Thoughtful, Practical, and Engaging Sessions
Looking for thoughtful, practical, and engaging sessions with real-world relevance that bring the research to life?
Networking Across Behavioral Health Disciplines
Interested in networking with researchers and practitioners from other disciplines engaged in behavioral health work?
This is the gathering for you!
Research, innovation, and action are critically needed to promote behavioral health among individuals, families, and communities. Join researchers, practitioners, community members, policymakers, and students to share innovative and effective efforts to:
- Prevent behavioral health challenges
- Promote health and well-being
- Foster responsive community systems
- Value wellness and healing knowledge of marginalized individuals, families, and communities
- Develop strategies for addressing social determinants of mental health
- Increase equity across communities
Membership has its benefits
Join the Global Alliance and receive a reduced registration rate for Coming Together for Action!
Membership in the Global Alliance also gives you:
- Access to a diverse community of individuals drawn together by a dedication to the study of human behavior broadly defined and its relationship to the delivery of behavioral health services
- Access to cutting-edge research in the American Journal of Orthopsychiatry
- Opportunities to network with like-minded professionals
- Access to resources through our membership in various national and international coalitions
- Competitive membership rates