What We Believe
The Global Alliance for Behavioral Health & Social Justice informs policy, practice and research to prevent behavioral health disorders and to promote conditions to ensure that people with disorders can be full participants in society. We are further committed to
- Analyzing concerns using a lifespan approach to development and a social determinants framework to understand the bidirectional influences between an individuals' development and their surrounding environment;
- Focusing on populations that are vulnerable or marginalized by policies, practices, attitudes, and institutional structures;
- Emphasizing effective strategies for promotion of health and prevention of behavioral disorders as well as intervention and treatment;
- Embedding our work in principles of human rights, including nondiscrimination, respect and dignity, and fairness;
- Applying principles of social justice to policy development, community action, systems change, and clinical practice;
- Partnering with organizations and individuals globally to achieve the greatest impact in accomplishing our mission.
We invite you to join us. Contact us for more information on how you can become involved.