Society for Community Research and Action Biennial Conference
The Global Alliance is, for the first time, partnering with the Society for Community Research and Action (SCRA; Division 27 of the American Psychological Association) to host the organization's biennial conference!
Conference at a Glance
Location: Campus of the University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Dates: June 21-24, 2017
Theme: Making an Impact: Transformative Community Research and Action around the World
Update: Preliminary Schedule now available!
Registration Is Open!
Early bird registration ends May 12th!
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for comments and questions about the conference.
For more information about the conference, visit SCRA's Frequently Asked Questions web page.
The full agenda for the conference will be available in March 2017. The schedule for presentations in the Global Alliance track is as follows:
- Wednesday: 9-10:15 am – Building capacity to address mental illness and emotional distress in low-resource settings and among refugee populations
- Wednesday: 2:30-3:45 pm - Policy engagement and competency development: Opportunities, resources, and pathways.
- Thursday: 2:45-4 pm – Fostering economic opportunity and social change: Transforming lives and communities in rural Guatemala.
- Friday: 9-10:15 am – Community research and action in action: How one place-based initiative is implementing community psychology principles
- Friday: 10:30-11:45 am – Minimizing risk and maximizing health for vulnerable youth of color: Using global mental health and community-based approaches
- Friday: 1-2:15 pm – The humanitarian imperative to learn: Conducting and using research to increase impact in conflict-affected settings and Roles of community and regional participation in early childhood policy planning
- Saturday: 9-10:15 am – Integrating clinical and community psychology in training, research, and action
- Saturday: 10:30-11:45 am – Involving students in civic engagement: Creating community/university partnerships
Co-Chairs of the Conference
CENTRE FOR RESEARCH ON EDUCATIONAL AND COMMUNITY SERVICES, UNIVERSITY OF OTTAWA
CENTRE FOR COMMUNITY RESEARCH, LEARNING, AND ACTION, WILFRID LAURIER UNIVERSITY